I’ve decided to keep it light on Fridays. That’s what Fridays are for, right? They definitely are not meant for spilling a 198,000 degree coffee all over yourself just as you walk out of Starbucks. Or for noticing for the first time that your car is making a weird plunk-sputter-plunk noise that sounds like death.
Instead, they are meant for round-ups where I share everything that’s fun and silly and heartwarming. So, here we go.
1. My 8-year-old niece, Ali, had to make an “all about me” bag for her new teacher on the first day of school. She put three things in the bag that meant something to her, and one of those things was a picture of her and her new baby cousin, McCorrie. How cute is she? She is one good big cousin and I love the two of them to pieces.
The baby is like “yay! I love my cousin!”
2. I read this entire story on “shoulditis” out loud to Mike and it had us both cracking up. It’s great comic relief for all 20-something’s with career confusion.
3. My computer was also making a sound of death noise this week in the form of a constant whine and the occasional groan. I thought it may have been saying goodbye after a good five years, but then realized the noise was coming from the CD drive, which has had The Sims game stuck in it for just about forever. After trying to fix it with some questionable methods I found on the Internet, I finally stuck tweezers into the CD drive. By that point, it was all or nothing. After jostling them around for about 10 minutes, I set my computer down and gave up …. when voila, the game ejected and the noise stopped! Money, you can stay in my wallet for a while.
4. I love the new pope. He’s forward thinking, he drives a used car, and now he’s cold calling people.
5. My nephew, Alex, started playing football a couple weeks ago. He had a scrimmage Wednesday, and the guard on the opposing team was a meanie. When setting up for a play, the meanie told Alex “you’re a (insert a bad word).” In response, Alex said “thanks” because he “wanted to throw him off.” Then, when the guard said something else mean to him, Alex just said “Nice socks.”
He is just a tad taller than me. Did I mention he’s 12?
6. This proposal was so fun to watch. The first time I watched it, I teared up a little bit, and the second time, I tried to learn the dance. I remembered one move and have performing it for anyone that will watch all day.
7. I wasted some time today with an intense and addicting grammar quiz. Yes, a quiz can be addicting. Don’t believe me? Go try it yourself and make sure your sound is turned up.
What would your round-up include?